On-the-Job Injuries in San Fernando Valley
Personal Injury & Workers' Compensation
Some lines of work entail a greater amount of risk to employees and every day workers in San Fernando Valley are injured on-the-job. An injury or illness is considered to be work related if an event or exposure in the workplace caused or contributed to the condition. Workplace injuries can have a huge effect on a person's life and both your finances and your family can suffer if you have been injured.
If you have been injured on-the-job, you may be entitled to compensation if it can be determined that negligence was the cause of your injuries. A San Fernando Valley personal injury attorney from our firm can help you if you are suffering from a work-related injury and can help you take the appropriate legal actions to hold the negligent party liable for damages. On-the-job injuries can occur in a single moment or can accumulate over a longer period of time.
Some common types of workplace injuries include:
- Sprains & strains
- Orthopedic injuries
- Cancer from toxic exposure
- Musculoskeletal diseases
- Respiratory diseases
- Hearing loss
- Burn injuries
What are America's five most dangerous jobs?
Contrary to popular belief, harm can come to employees from any type of job environment. Even an office job, which is primarily sedentary, can cause issues such as carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) from repetitive motion, illness from constant exposure to less-than-ideal environments; employees in these types of industries are also just as likely to suffer injuries in a sudden accident. That being said, there are certain industries which are more prone to on-the-job injuries than others due to constant dangerous conditions.
According to CNN, the five most dangerous jobs include:
- Fishing. The Labor Department reported more than 40 fishermen and women lost their lives on-the-job in 2011. That being said, the danger is less than it used to be, with more safety skills being taught, as well as industry-wide changes to fishing quotas. Fatality rate of 121 per 100,000 workers.
- Logging. The tools of the trade—namely chainsaws—have made logging the second most dangerous job in America. In 2011, loggers suffered from more than 64 deaths caused by everything from steep slopes, to falling trees, to trunks rolling downhill. Fatality rate of 102 per 100,000 workers.
- Piloting. Airplane pilots form the third most dangerous job in America, with pilots flying over Alaska suffering from the worst of conditions. Alaskan pilots typically are injured by old planes, as well as sheer inexperience with the harsh terrain. Fatality rate of 57 per 100,000 workers.
- Sanitation. Employees who work in the sanitation industry are often required to jump on and off of vehicles—often during busy times of the day—which puts them as rusk of serious car accidents. They also suffer from careless disposal of waste. Fatality rate of 41 per 100,000 workers.
- Roofing. By working on serious heights, roofers fall into the slot for the fifth most dangerous job. Falls are the most prominent danger; however, roofers are also afflicted by electrical shock, exposure to dangerous chemicals & accidents relating to hoisting. Fatality rate of 31 per 100,000 workers.
San Fernando Valley Workplace Injury Lawyer
Workplace accidents occur for many different reasons in San Fernando Valley, but a majority of the time they could have been prevented had someone taken the proper precautions. Floors, walkways, and ground surfaces account for a large portion of injuries on-the-job from not being properly cleaned or maintained. Improper storage can also result in injuries to workers.
In an effort to cut financial corners, business owners, supervisors and managers sometimes ignore safety guidelines, which can lead to a workplace injury.
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your injuries, it is best to speak with a San Fernando Valley injury attorney before taking any action.
We've Recovered Millions
We're always looking to make sure our clients get the justice they deserve. With millions recovered, we know what it takes to win both inside and outside the courtroom.VIEW ALL CASE RESULTS
Featured Success Stories
Over the past four decades, we've successfully resolved hundreds of cases. Learn more about our clients success stories by visiting our testimonials section.VIEW ALL TESTIMONIALS
Working With Our Firm
At The Law Offices of Gerald L. Marcus, we have a variety of legal professionals at our disposal focused on creating the ideal strategy for your case.MEET OUR LEGAL TEAM