The weather may have warmed up, but there are still seasonal driving hazards we should all be aware of as spring goes into full swing. Continue reading to find out some essential information and tips that can help you safely navigate this beautiful time of year.
Many of us enjoy the colorful flowers that emerge during spring, which pop up with the help of rainy weather. However, rainy weather also means drivers should be wary of slippery road conditions and flooding. A slippery road will increase the distance it takes for a car to stop in time. According to the Federal Highway Administration, rain accounted for 46% of all weather-related crashes during the years 2005 to 2014.
Wear and Tear
Winter weather can wreak havoc on the roads, so while it may be spring, you still need to watch out for potholes and other damage on the road.
Spring Driving Safety Tips
- Check Your Lights: Spring rain can make visibility an issue, so check to make sure all of your lights work, including headlights, taillights, turn signals, and brake lights.
- Replace Wiper Blades: If you wore out your wiper blades during the winter, it is crucial to replace them. If you are caught driving in the rain with worn out wipers, your visibility will be dangerously compromised.
- Check Tire Pressure: Your tires might have also taken a beating during the winter season, so check to make sure they did not deflate and are safe to drive.
- Slow Down: As previously mentioned, rainy weather can make the road slippery. Slowing down can decrease your risk of hydroplaning and will give you a chance to stop in time if necessary.
- Watch Out for Animals: Animals are most active in the spring and especially come out early in the morning or during the evening.
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you will need skilled representation to guide you through the legal process to maximize compensation, which can help relieve the burden of medical costs as you recover from your injuries. At The Law Offices of Gerald L. Marcus, our experienced legal team is committed to fighting for you to ensure justice is served. Overall, we have won over $125 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. Let us deal with the insurance company while you focus on recovering.
Attorney Gerald L. Marcus has been practicing personal injury law since 1987 and will put his years of experience and accumulated knowledge to work for you.
Call us today at (800) 905-8777 for representation with a proven track record of success.